Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Yummy Treat

So, a few days ago, Sunday to be exact, was my sister's half-birthday, and my brother's last full day home from college. They both went out to a popular evening church service. My mom and I started talking about making something to celebrate, she wanted to make cookie cake, and I suggested making an Oreo pie. We ended up making both, and we all thoroughly enjoyed eating them (I am currently eating the last slice of pie as I type). The Oreo pie was so good, I thought I would share the recipe. It is quite simple, you only need a few things.

-Oreos
-A large package of Oreo instant pudding (Notice I said a large package, the 4.2 ounce one)
-Milk (for the pudding mix)
-Cream Cheese
-Cool Whip
The first thing you do it crush up some Oreos, maybe around 20 or so. Then you can put them in a bowl or the pie pan you are going to use. After that, you add some cream cheese (about a tablespoon or so), then you mix together the cream cheese and Oreos until they can stick together at the bottom of a pie pan. Press the mixture at the bottom of your pan (It doesn't have to go up the sides, just covering the bottom works). When you finish it's time to make the instant Oreo pudding mix (All you have to do is put two cups of milk and the mix in a bowl and whisk it for two minutes), then you pour it into the pie pan over the crust. Put it into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (We had ours in there for about and hour or so). If your Cool Whip is not thawed, put it in the refrigerator while your pie is becoming firm.
After your pie is firm, put the thawed Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with one crushed Oreo. Then your pie is finished and ready to eat! It is a really yummy treat (I might put a pic up later :) )
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment